The stainless-steel pots and pans are wonderfully elegant, bright, and make your kitchen look great. But are those the only reasons to want to have them? I assure you not. Stainless steel cookware is a current trend within contemporary kitchen utensils. But, the reasons are not only for fashion or beauty in the kitchen.
Advantages of using stainless steel pots and pans:
There are a few advantages that you will have when investing in stainless steel kitchenware, which is an incredible material:
They are durable
- Many people in their homes have stainless steel cookware, which they have inherited from their parents or grandparents and are still in excellent condition.
- Since stainless steel is very famous for being a very resistant and durable material. That is one of the good reasons to invest in them.
- Also, you will forget the annoying problems such as stains in the enamel, typical of non-stick pans or coping with the annoying rust, such as that generated by cast iron.
- The more multiple layers the stainless steel has, the greater the hardness of the surface, so do not skimp on buying stainless steel utensils with three or five layers.
Excellent cooking capacity
- Stainless steel utensils are quick to cook, thanks to the absorption of heat evenly.
- But you must consider that the more multiple layers you have, better will be the cooking capacity.
- Unlike cast iron cookware, you do not have to spice up your stainless-steel cookware to prevent rusting.
- You will also forget to have to create a film to stop the peeling, as it happens with new pans of another metal.
- And to keep them in good condition, you do not have to follow appropriate steps for their care.
Easy to clean:
Stainless steel contains a smooth, non-porous, and hard surface. This makes them very easy to clean.
After cooking, you can:
- Scrub (but be careful that strong sponges can leave rough marks)
- Soak (if necessary)
- If you like, you can even place it in the dishwasher.
Does not react to food:
- Stainless steel pots and pans are safe to prepare food, especially acids.
- Since there is no risk of leachate, i.e., release harmful chemicals that can absorb our food.
- However, it is recommended to check the safety of the stainless steel of the brand you are going to buy.
They are relatively light:
- The weight of stainless-steel cookware is comfortable to maneuver, compared to heavy iron pans, for example.
- The stainless-steel pans are excellent for sautéing since you will not feel pressure on the wrist.
- Elegant and bright appearance:
- Stainless steel dinner set has an incredibly bright appearance, with a mirror finish and sturdy feel.
- They adapt perfectly to each decoration.
- Also, most of these stainless-steel pots and pans accentuate an elegant style to the design of each kitchen, resembling that of the chefs.
This makes the cooking experience become like that of a professional.
How to cook when using stainless steel pots and pans?
- It is recommended before starting to cook, place the empty stainless-steel pots and pans at medium temperature.
- This avoids burning the food, discoloring the pan or damaging any non-stick coating.
- To check the temperature, add a few drops of water to the surface.
- Once they slide easily along the pan without bubbling or evaporating, they are ready to cook.
- You can cook with oil, although it is possible that there are pans that do not need it because they have a coating, non-stick.
- Always opt for non-stick ceramic coatings, instead of Teflon.
- One should not forget that it is very common in stainless steel pots and pans for meats or poultry to stick to the pot initially.
- But do not worry if the latter happens, since then they will be released as the juices are released.
- And you can turn them over and cook them on the other side, without problems.
Can stainless steel pots and pans enter the oven?
- The stainless steel is suitable for the oven.
- It can withstand temperatures up to 260 ° C.
- Although there are brands that offer lower temperature, that is around about 204 ° C.