The chefs, cooks or those people who love the art of cooking, always look for the best tools and utensils that allow them to make the best use.
Stainless steel is a casual term for metal alloys that constitute 10.5% or more of chromium (Cr) and more than 50% of iron (Fe). Although it is called “steel,” a better term for it is “highly resistant to stains.” A somewhat dark metal, which looks bright because it reflects light.
It is steel with high resistance to corrosion, since the chromium and other alloying metals have a high correlation with oxygen so that it reacts with it, establishing a passivating layer, thus preventing iron corrosion. However, this layer can be damaged by some acids, resulting in the iron being attacked and oxidized by intergranular elements or generalized pitting. Some types of stainless steel also comprise other alloying mechanisms; the main ones are nickel and molybdenum.
Benefits of stainless steel cookware:
- Stainless steel cookware is considered as most hygienic for food preparation and very easy to clean since its only surface does not have pores or cracks that accumulate dirt and bacteria.
- Stainless steel plates look attractive and require less care, since little seasoning is essential for longevity.
- It will not affect the taste since it does not react with acidic foods during the preparation of food when cooking.
- With proper care, stainless steel utensils have an expected life of more than 100 years and are also fully recyclable.
- The stainless steel kitchenware gradually conserves the nutrients, employing the material and the protective layer of the bottom, this gives the suitable cooking to the foods with a minimum of water and to low fire, avoiding that by the high temperature they lose the nutritious values. We must prevent food from losing the vitamins and minerals in the water. The stainless steel pots allow the food to be steamed in the same juice, which also gives more pleasure.
These 11 tips will be of great help to preserve the life of stainless steel gift items and keep them 100% impeccable.
- Wash the pans with neutral soap
– You must wash the stainless steel plates with neutral soap and warm water, using a cloth or soft sponge to extract the oil and fats that adhere to the bottom.
- Dry with a towel
-Once you finish washing, dry quickly with a soft cloth to avoid the formation of lime stains.
- Avoid excess heat
-It is recommended that you cook with medium or low heat to prevent grease and oils from adhering quickly and deeply due to excess heat.
- The size of the burner should be adjusted to the diameter of the pot
– You must choose the size of the burner or heat source that best fits the exact width of the cooker, especially if they are gas cookers. Also, to see great results, you will make the subsequent cleaning of the pots even easier.
- Vinegar is excellent for removing dark spots in pots
Vinegar is a perfect solution when overheated stainless steel dinner sets, appear dark spots. Although these do not affect the food that is cooked in any way, you can make them disappear in a secure and simple way; boil water with vinegar in a 4 to 1 serving for 4 or 5 minutes in the pot you want to remove, then wash the pot as usual. You will notice the difference.
- Avoid scratching the pan with sharp utensils
– It is essential to be careful when veggies Continue reading
There is so many cookware available on the market that often when it comes time to renew our cookware, we do not know where to turn. This small guide can help you choose your pots and pans taking into account various factors: the material used, ease of maintenance, adhesiveness (or not) of the surface.
Available materials and their maintenance
It is a very sturdy material that never changes the taste, color or smell of food when cooking. Steel is perfect for grabbing meat, poultry, and fish without even adding fat. For the rest, it is recommended to add fat and liquid, and not to cook too much heat because food can hang and tear when mixed.
Stainless steel kitchenware is very easy to maintain: it is always shiny, resists bumps and scratches, and does not deform.
The glass (pyrex)
These equipment are made of a material that can withstand the very high heat, the same that is used for glass dishes that go to the oven. This is one of their advantages: you can start cooking on a round, then finish in the oven without having to change containers. They are, moreover, very easy to maintain. By cons, they are only in the form of pans.
We must differentiate the decorative copper pots (those that we see in our grandmothers) pots that can use for cooking. The former oxidize on contact with salty and acidic foods, and should not be used Continue reading
Why buy Stainless steel cookware, such as pots and pans? The reasons are many, and all valid, which explains the popularity of this type of kitchen equipment despite their above-average price. Here are four of the main advantages offered by this kind of crockery:
Under the useful life, very merely stainless steel is incomparable to all other materials used for the manufacture of pots and pans: the wear is almost invisible on stainless steel surfaces, even when they are regularly rubbed and washed as its normal for some pots. And in the same way, the action of fats, of heat, of liquids, which have such deleterious effects on the surface of the containers of other materials, is almost invisible here. A purchase of a stainless steel cookware battery is a purchase for the whole life.
There are no frying pans with a harder, smoother surface, and no porosity than those made of stainless steel. The fact that they are quiet is useful to the cook because it allows for cooking them thoroughly and uniformly, without having to worry that the food will stick to the bottom; and the absence of porosity Continue reading
The 18/10 stainless steel is one of the best and traditional materials used for cooking. Steel is a durable, stable material alloy, resistant to acids and thanks to its non-porous surface it does not pick up tastes or odors from food and is easy to maintain.
One of its primary virtues is its durability: well-kept stainless steel kitchen utensils are utensils that can last for many years.
18/10 steel and surgical steel: composition and performance in the kitchen
Without going into technicalities, 18/10 steel contains 18% chromium and 10% nickel in its alloy. This arrangement allows products that resist heat well up to 400º are hard and resistant to wear. They are products of neutral and straightforward care in contact with food.
The stainless steel is fabulous, very hygienic and very attractive material. As Continue reading
Nowadays, stainless steel has become an essential part of modern life and cuisine. Not only is it ideal for the production and storage of food as it does not change the taste of these, but it has also become the ideal material thanks to its resistance to corrosion. That is why, thanks to the stainless steel cookware manufacturers, these products have become more useful, safe and beautiful. They have made stainless steel less harmful to our health by facilitating its use on a regular basis.
Easy to maintain and clean
- Stainless steel items are very easy to maintain. You can keep its shine intact if you clean them with lukewarm water and dishwashers on a regular basis.
- Compared to other materials, stainless steel needs much less cleaning time.
- The stainless steel utensils are light and easy to maneuver. They are hard and resistant to scratches and stains. They last for much longer.
- If you put them in the refrigerator, do not corrode.
- Stainless steel utensils have the ability to fight off germs and bacteria due to their non-porous nature. This property makes them easier to disinfect and clean.
Wide range of designs
- Nowadays, you can get stainless steel cookware with incredible designs that will help you improve the appearance of your kitchen.
- In stores, you can get different models of stainless steel pots and pans. This wide range makes it easier for buyers to find products according to their culinary needs.
- Steel is a material resistant to corrosion.
- As we already mentioned, the durability of stainless steel items is one of the main reasons why most housewives love using this material.
- If your items are made of stainless steel, you will not have to worry about buying new pots or pans; you can use them for a long time without fear of being damaged.
- Cooking was never so easy
- The kitchen utensils made of steel are easy to use.
- Thanks to the fact that steel is a good conductor of heat, you will have a better fire distribution when cooking.
- On the other hand, most of these modern goods come with tightly fitting lids so that heat loss during cooking can be prevented.
- In addition, you can keep your meals warm while you serve them.
- You only need little oil to cook.
Stainless steel is one of the most used materials in modern kitchen utensils like pots and pans. Stainless steel is durable, easy to sterilize and does not alter to contact with acids present in certain foods such as milk, meat, fruit, and vegetables. For this reason, products such as pots made of stainless steel New HSSC are the first choice when it comes to food and drink since in this type of steel are no chemicals that can move into the food during cooking.
Differences between steel 18/10 and 18/8
These steel are also known as 304, are part of the 300 series and are the two main types of stainless steel present in pots and kitchen utensils. The first number, 18, refers to the amount of chromium present in the steel, while the second number represents the amount of nickel. For example, 18/8 stainless steel contains 18% chrome and only 8% nickel.
Stainless steel 304 is also made of carbon; its quantity does not exceed 0.8% and at least 50% by iron. Chromium in stainless steel is used to protect iron from oxidation (rust), while nickel increases corrosion resistance so that the nickel content will be higher, the corrosion-resistant steel will be more resistant.
Stainless steel pans
Stainless steel is a good option for pots and pans, but unfortunately, it is not a big heat conductor. If this is not a problem for oven baking trays, the same cannot be said for pots and pans, which is why the new HSSC stainless steel cooker is distinguished by its three-layer format. It consists of a core of aluminum Continue reading
The material, the coating, the thickness, the shape and, of course, what we intend to cook!
It is lighter to handle utensils that heat quickly and evenly. It adapts to all types of kitchen utensils and accepts both ceramic coatings and conventional anti-adherent coatings.
Excellent heat conductor ensures a homogenous temperature distribution throughout the cooking surface. Aluminum can be used for all heat sources, although a stainless steel ferromagnetic disk is required to be compatible with induction.
There are different manufacturing methods for aluminum utensils:
- Pressing: It is a disc that is formed by means of a press of the order of one hundred tons. With this system, there is a great risk of deformation over time. It is also impossible to differentiate the thicknesses of the bottom and the wall.
- Forged: Same manufacturing principle in pressing but pressed using a pressure of several thousand tons. This method allows obtaining the wall thickness in the order of 3 to 5 millimeters.
- Aluminum “cast”: The aluminum is melted at 700 °C and injected into a pressure mold. This technique allows to vary the thickness of the required raw material for example of the bottom or the walls and ensures a perfect dimensional stability due to the absence of mechanical tension. Ideal for intensive use.
Stainless steel utensil is resistant to scratches and suitable for high temperature but poor Continue reading
Heavy anodized dishes are a common name for metal pots and pans made of electrochemically toughened aluminum.
Kanchan dinner set
This name of the dishes came from the English from “hard anodized aluminum cookware”. It would be more correct to say a hard anodized coating and not heavily anodized. Because “Hard” is used to emphasize that the thickness and strength of the anodizing layer is greater than that of other anodized aluminum coatings and “hard.” In this case, the severity or complexity of anodizing is not relevant.
For the curious – about heavy anodizing
The process of heavy anodizing was originally developed for use in the restaurant industry. Chefs needed light and wear-resistant pans, for cooking a large number of dishes a day.
The acid is then cooled to the freezing point of water. The electric current drastically increases, resulting in a heavily anodized aluminum surface, which is twice as hard as stainless steel .
Advantages of heavily anodized cookware
Dishes made from heavily anodized aluminum have a significantly longer service life compared to dishes with a traditional non-stick coating, and this coating has practically no pores. It is this – almost complete absence of pores, which allows it to withstand the adherence of food to it, even if the food is absorbed or burnt.
At present, the resistance to corrosion and scratches, heavily anodized Continue reading
Before the age of non-stick cookware, most of the household use stainless steel kitchenware. Even in this modern day, you can find a lot of homes where Stainless steel utensils play the dominant role as the kitchenware. With the passing course of time, the stainless steel cookware manufacturers give emphasis on making products that are more useful, stylish and beautiful. They try to make the items less harmful for human health, and that makes it easier for you to use them in a regular manner.
There are some definite reasons for buying and using the pots and pans made of stainless steel.
Easy To Maintain
The stainless steel items are very easy to maintain. You can keep Continue reading