Pots, kettles, and pans made of stainless steel are quite durable, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable to use. Dishes made from this material have gained the most popularity over the past few decades; many professional chefs and housewives have rated them quite high in many respects.
What are the advantages of stainless steel pans? Firstly, their durability and rather high strength, the absence of a coating capable of rusting or chipping away upon impact. This is their main difference from enameled pans.
Covers for saucepans made of stainless steel are mainly made of transparent glass, which is resistant to thermal heating. This is an added convenience that makes food preparation easier.
Care of stainless steel dishes
Wash stainless steel dishes with lukewarm water and detergent with a medium-hard sponge. Before the first use, stainless steel pots and pans must be washed.
If food is burnt in Stainless steel kitchenware, then pour warm water with salt into a saucepan or pan and leave for 1-1.5 hours. Then wash with a non-abrasive product.
If colored stains or lime spots appear on the dishes, then they can be wiped with vinegar or citric acid solution.
Other rules of care and cleaning:
- Do not wash the dishes with powders, do not clean them with hard sponges and brushes: this can scratch the surface and damage the coating;
- For the care of stainless steel dishes, special detergents are produced; use detergents without chlorine and ammonia;
- Wipe the dishes dry in order to retain their characteristic shine as long as possible;
- You must not leave the pan on the fire empty, because when overheated, the metal of the walls becomes covered with blue-yellow-green stains;
- When food burns, pour soda or soap solution into the dishes and leave to soak;
- If you put salt in still cold water, then scale and dark spots will appear;
- If this point is not specified in the instructions for use, do not wash stainless steel dishes in the dishwasher;
- Wash stainless steel knives and wipe dry immediately after use.
Benefits of stainless steel cookware
- Durability is the main trump card of modern Stainless steel gift items. With proper handling, it can last for decades.
- Hygiene: unlike, for example, natural wooden dishes, stainless steel dishes can really be called hygienic, since harmful bacteria and microbes do not accumulate on a smoothly polished surface.
- Environmentally friendly: stainless steel cookware can be recycled.
- Durability: such dishes are not prone to deformation and destruction, moreover, they can be used on various types of stoves, including induction and glass-ceramic.
- Ease of use: does not require complex maintenance.
Due to its strength, durability, beautiful appearance, stainless steel cookware has firmly taken the leading position in use in almost every kitchen.
Quality stainless steel pan cannot be too cheap, the highest price includes the cost of materials and sophisticated manufacturing techniques. Therefore, when choosing such a pan, the price will be one of the quality indicators.
When choosing dishes, you need to take into account that the thickness of the walls in good pots is from 0.5 mm to 0.8 mm, the thickness of the multilayer bottom is at least 3 mm.